Nevermore 3 Nevermore 3

it seems wonderful

but personally, i couldnt get past the two rocks level after the field... i couldnt clear the jump...

Portal Defenders Portal Defenders

Keep Outdoing it.

I kinda want to say this will be the best game on newgrounds, but Luis and Bomtoons, you guys keep outdoing your previous works. So basically, i'm just waiting for your next game, which will most likely be hella lot better than this [i don't know how thats possible, but you'll somehow manage to do it]

Tips for beating the game:
1. Use the bosseses' attacks to your advantage. For Kity Krew, keep attacking one of the minions until the x comes below you, then run away from it and the minions will run into the x and take off half of their lives. same goes for mindchamber, [i had him kill himself, and never even touched him]

2. Use friendly fire. for the ranged attacks, stand up against the top wall so everyone is in a line, when they are in your sight, the person behind the person you are attacking will attack with a ranged attack which will damage another enemy and not you.

3. mob attack. like above, stand WAY up against the top wall until the enemies all get into a line, then run into them and start attacking while still moving towards them, get 75 consecutive rallies and you'll get the juggler.

4. save guts. although the zombies wadolf spawns eats them, they won't eat them unless they are in their way, that means save the ones that are on the way edge of the map.

5. johnny and stamper. keep hitting one of them or keep running until johnny blows up stamper. then just corner johnny at the edge of the map and spam attack, moving back a bit and coming back again to avoid the bubble. then just jump and attack stamper until hes at the edge as well and he goes back to his normal form.

6. combination for the lock is CROWN POO THUMB.

7. cleaner. it goes WAY faster if you go up and down rather than side to side. [you also unlock a very average character if you get over 80%]

8. get a mob like number 3, then spam bombs.

The Tower: Heart in Glass The Tower: Heart in Glass

Good but...

Its a great game, don't get me wrong. Its creative, slightly addicting and well-created. The graphics aren't too bad either. Its a great game but somethings that really should be added are evident.

I understand that the whole new process of tower defense is new and creative, but i would have LOVED to have seen a mode i could play in where my blocks weren't confined to a grid, and have the option of turning it on or off. This would allow room for more creativeness.

Also, the sword became too weak to fast, i stuck with it through level 3 hoping it would atleast be DECENT but by level 3, its not even a secondary weapon to the magic, it just becomes obsolete. I understand that you probably did this to have the people play around with different magic skills, but its always good to have the sword be atleast a SECONDARY weapon.

And finally, the whole buying in the middle of combat thing. Instead of having the magic buying menu come up ONLY during the middle of the battle, why not have available for purchase before? i died about 2 times in the first two levels because i was looking at the magic skills that were available while people went on attacking me.

Other than that, its a great solid game and i would love to see more of this.

Hey Wizard! Hey Wizard!

Cool, but not great

The game had a lot of things going for it, you had the creative maps just at the point where its not too small and its not too big. You had the game basics down just right, with changeable controls [always good] and overall great menu interface. Like I said, you had a lot going for this game but it didn't see the potential I would have like to have seen.

Not mentioning the the very very very annoying glitch where repetetive shots from the wand would cause the wizard to just keep traveling in the same direction [fixed by going to the menu, clicking around, and waiting for a few seconds], the game itself fell short in a few places.

Why get rid of the jump? I understand you wanted to make it so that you had to use your magic to do such a thing, but I think there could have been a compromise between a small jump and a giant boost from the magic. More than I could count, a little shot was fired at me and I had to try to out run it while my lighting charged up because my fire was gone. I'm not asking for alot, just a small jump to avoid things like that.

The story was solid, and i liked the arena aspect, but at some point could you have it so if i defeat the gate, i automatically get sent back into the menu map? instead of traveling all the way back to the book.

Other than all that and that fatal glitch, this is a pretty solid game. Great job

Samurai Master Samurai Master

Well Constructed

While I did enjoy your game, I especially liked the uniqueness of it.
I'm not a huge anime type fan but the comic interludes were definitely new to the scene. It was well drawn and smoothly animated, and i think the gore and blood was just right.

While the game play dynamics were smooth and i didn't come across any huge glitches, i do have a few things to point out.

Why make the map so big? I understand that the map needs to be decent in size for the archers to come in and what not, but i spend countless levels running all the way to the left, or all the way to the right only to find that the majority of the enemies were on the other side.

While i did like the upgrades feature along with the "special item", i found the game to become very repetitive over time. Granted, the bosses were different but they were sometimes more than a joke and i never died on a boss. And the upgrades were not entirely noticeable, i purchased 3 '70' point attack upgrades but still found the bar to go down relatively the same.

In a game like this where there isn't anywhere to go but left or right, its always a good idea to have double-tap sprint or a sliding movement that makes it go faster, no one wants to explore a pointlessly huge map only to find that the enemies aren't there.

The game itself played flawlessly, i would like to see this game have some user friendly add-ons though, such as maybe an arrow on either the left or the right of the screen so i know where the rest of the enemies are. Have more fields for upgrades, maybe a level system or be able to purchase new swords.

Other than that, fun to play but got more than repetitive after about the second level.

Buccaneer Battle Buccaneer Battle

GLITCH?

i loved the artwork and the gameplay itself, but the ending was very VERY glitchy.

the first 3 times i played the game, i only had to kill the squid, which was very easy. when i played it today, i killed the squid halfway and i had to battle it out with the pirate captain... im not sure if its random that you did that or you editted the game, but when i was battling the captain himself, after a while, i couldnt attack him. he still jumped when i shot, but i couldnt interact with him

Ansel responds:

The captain after the squid was a recent update. The captain locking up was un-intentional though. We'll look into it.

Thanks for the review!

Zombie Baseball Zombie Baseball

few things to say

Good solid game. no glitches i've found, upgrades worked just peachy and the additional bats with pros and cons were all fun. but i have a few things to add.

First off, the game scene in itself seemed like a joke. I dont wanna be the guy that questions the realism of games but i think theres a fine line between accepted game fiction and straight up joke. if it is supposed to be baseball incorporated, then when the zombies cross the line, atleast have a feature to fend my self. like rapidly tap A and S to find the zombie with my bat.

As for the aiming, it was probably the worst aiming technique i have yet to see in any game. it seemed like a PIXEL seperated a line drive from a useless flyball. the little box at the bottom showing the green line was useless. atleast have an indicator on the box at the bottom to show WHERE i should aim for instead of guessing and checking everytime i upgrade my power.

The heads, maybe change the hitbox? yes? yes. more than enough throughout the game have i hit a perfect line drive to the forhead only for the zombie to momentarily stop like a mental patient and walk towards me again. then when i hit a ground shot to the chest, the head pops off like jack-in-the-box.

I know you were going for the halloween/sport fusion, and for the most part it worked out ok, but there are many features that would have substantially made the game better.

Body Ladder Body Ladder

Going in my favorties

First off, congratulations on another amazing game. Very addicting, fun, creative, and overall awesome.

While i loved the fact that you had a weapons system, as far as i got, i found that the duels were the last weapons which was a bummer. The weapons were very balanced, time to attack and power wise, and even the duels were relatively hard to work with unless you had the right body platform. Very simple background and characters, which i found to be a good thing in this game.

The only bads that i found was the link at the bottom and the weird body glitch. The link is explained pretty clearly by about 100 of your reviews, but the glitch was minor. if you died while another clone died, it would stay on your screen. just a minor annoyance.

I would have loved to have seen this be more, for starters, a pause button. A simple thing, and very useful. I had numerous times where I would be almost at duels and the phone rings. Other than that, its an overall amazing game all around. great job.

Presidential Street Fight Presidential Street Fight

Fun, simple game

This review might be biased because I've always loved aim and shoot games.

The art, music and game-play was top-notch. No glitches I found at all. The game itself played very nice, the perfect shot AI was somewhat of a bummer.

The game would have been WAY better if more features were added. Simple features, like moving your candidate when its your turn. I liked the powerups but found them kind of pointless. With the point system, maybe have a small shop that you can buy powerups with the points you earn, that would make the points actually worth something.

I would have loved to see this game have more features, such as movable characters and powerups such as Sarah Palin or Biden. Maybe have them be playable as well. While the art was fantastic and the simplicity was alright, the game was nothing more than somewhat enjoyable for the first time.

Other than the features, this game was fun to play every once in a while, but nothing to take seriously for a long time.

The Last Apple The Last Apple

Fun

i liked the style it was in, smooth animation.

game play was a bit glitchy, for instance, you couldn't move right in the beginning without jumping.

also the sub in the back, the low continuous beats got annoying and bothersome after a while.

overall fun game to kill time with, no real goal. a little glitchy but enough to make due

OctoFlash responds:

yeah, at first i thought to make a stop music button but then i forgot it..

however, thanks anyways